1. Set your goals – decide what you want your Facebook page to achieve. This will help you focus on what to post about, and will give you something to judge your success against. Common goals include reaching new customers, driving more traffic to your website, establishing your credibility, and promoting your products
2. Spread the word – include your Facebook page address (eg. www.facebook.com/yorkshiremedia) on your website, your business cards, your email signatures, and anywhere else you can think of!
3. Be yourself – it is said that people buy from people; remind your audience that you are individual human beings with names and personalities, and not just a faceless company
4. Get the links in – use your Facebook page to link to your website and your blog: this helps your website from an SEO point of view
5. Talk the talk – avoid jargon and buzzwords. Of course you need to talk business and show your credibility but don’t baffle (and alienate) your audience
Already got your business Facebook page up and running, but looking to take it to the next level? Yorkshire Media are experts in Social Media campaigns, and can help you create a great strategy, and / or run your campaign if your time is at a premium. Go to www.yorkshire-media.co.ukfor more information or call 01964 542916.